Super Bowl Sunday

NVOT looks ahead to the big game

Super Bowl weekend has finally come. Millions of people will be watching the biggest game in the world this Sunday at 6:30. The 13-3 Philadelphia Eagles and the 13-3 New England Patriots will face off at the new U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota where the Patriots will try to win their 6th Super Bowl in the Belichick era, while the Eagles will try to win their first ever title. Like so many people across the country, NVOT students are fired up for the game and the spectacle of Super Bowl Sunday.

Informal Lance polling shows that most students expect the Patriots to win, with 18 students picking them and only 6 students picking the Eagles. Senior Liam Murphy said, “The Patriots will win 27-21.”

Agreeing with Murphy, senior Armen Santana said, “The Patriots will crush the Eagles and beat them 38-17.”

Senior Mikey Gruber, however, made a bold prediction saying, “The Eagles will win 42-2.”

But excitement for the Super Bowl is not just about the game. Many students also get excited about the food, like appetizers, burgers, chips and queso/salsa. Murphy said that he is “looking forward to the wings.” Many students will be watching the game at home with their family or at friends’ houses.

Even if the game is not a big deal to them, people still tune in for the halftime show. Senior Jack Busch said he will be watching the halftime show. “Yes, I love Justin Timberlake.” Senior Matt Gross said, “Yes, let’s go JT.”

Senior Ryan Loughlin had a different take, saying that his viewing “depends who is doing it.” When he found out it was Justin Timberlake, he agreed with senior Sean Dwyer who said, “No, of course not!”