The Latest — Smashing, Selling, and Sophomore-ing

What’s the stab, OT?

Sophomore Class Trip 

On October 3, the Class of 2025 took a trip to Woodmont Day Camp in New City, New York. Students spent the day participating in team-building activities to strengthen student relationships. 

The event was organized by class advisor Jennifer Hoffman. Activities included a riddle competition, pop-up game show, fire-building competitions, Simon Says, and kickball. Winners of each activity earned tickets that could be drawn in a raffle for prizes— including gift cards, candy, and a wireless speaker. 

FBLA Chocolate Sales

On October 6, October Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) kicked off the year with their annual chocolate sale. Throughout the school day, members sell their chocolate to students and staff in the building.  The chocolate sale serves as a fundraiser for the club to raise money for future events.

Mykee Fowlin Presentation 

On Thursday, October 6, speaker and psychologist Dr. Mykee Fowlin delivered a one-man presentation entitled “You Don’t Know Me Until You Know Me” to NVOT students as part of the NJ DOE Week of Respect. 

E-Sports 

On October 4, NVOT’s Valorant and Super Smash Bros e-sports teams met separately to discuss their upcoming year together. Supervisor Jeffrey Lai met with the Smash Bros team to discuss their plans for their first match on October 5 against High Tech High.