News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

The Latest: Back to School

With school in full swing, activities and clubs are up and running. Here’s a glimpse into the what’s happening around the building.

Back to School Night

On Wednesday, September 20, NVOT hosted its annual Back to School Night. As part of the event, parents heard from administrators in the auditorium and then attended teacher-led presentations in classrooms. Members of the National Honor Society who volunteered for the event led parents around the NVOT school building.

Class of 2024

For the past two weeks, the Class of 2024 has been selling “Gold Cards” with discounts at businesses across the Northern Valley to raise funds for senior events. The Gold Cards are being sold for $20 during lunch and after school in room F201.

Debate

On Monday, September 19, the varsity debate team led an introductory meeting for new club members in the Academic Theater. Varsity debate captain Dhriti Somas presented on the fundamentals of debate and prepared new members for the upcoming junior varsity debate on October 17.

Golden Arts Department

The Golden Arts Department announced the cast list for its fall play The Diary of Anne Frank on Friday, September 22 after holding auditions throughout the week. The cast had its first read-through of the script on Wednesday, September 27.

Marching Band

Due to inclement weather, the marching band’s annual Saturday Knight Lights competition and fundraiser scheduled for Saturday, September 23 was canceled. This marked the first time the competition has been cancelled in NVOT’s years of hosting the event.