News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

The Latest—Marching band, Math, and More

Week of October 2 in school

Debate

The Varsity Debate Team held a clinic for judges in the E-Studio and a plan workshop in the Academic Theater for junior varsity members Thursday, October 5. Officers worked individually with new members to show them how to judge debates and guide them in writing a compelling plan.

Gifted & Talented

On October 3, the Gifted and Talented Club met with advisors from 7 towns about the annual 2023/2024 VIA Convocation, a competition for students in grades seven to nine in Demarest Middle School. There, students used intellect and skills to solve the problem of the missing oil heiress, Naomi Via Dewolf. 

Marching Band

On Saturday, October 7, the marching band scored in first place with 81.9 for the first time in the Ludwig Musser Classic at the MetLife Stadium. The band also won awards for Best Percussion, Best Music, and Best Effect and will perform in Northern Highlands High School next on Saturday, October 14.

Math Team

On Tuesday, October 3 the Math Team held its first meeting after school. Megan Langan, the new club advisor, led the meeting, welcomed new members, discussed the upcoming season, and began preparing the team for their upcoming competition next month.