News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Still Keeping It Real With Fantasy – Week 7

Same People, Same Great Advice
Sophie Atalla

Welcome back to week seven of Keeping it Real With Fantasy. To the disappointment of many of you, the Giants fell to 1-5 with a close loss to the Bills, but the Jets improved to 3-3 with the upset of the century over the Eagles. The two teams are trending in completely different directions, so football fans in OT are either suffering miserably or absolutely living it up depending on their favorite team (that is if you aren’t bandwagons like we are). Luckily though for the fans of suffering teams, your fantasy team doesn’t have to go through the same thing since our advice is here for week 7.

News/Injuries:

Jets – Your hometown team (or hometown rival) has finally found something. The Jets flew over the Eagles in their first EVER victory against the Birds, who were undefeated up until the game. The Jets are back.

Anthony Richardson (QB) – The Colts rookie quarterback had hopes of coming back with an AC joint sprain but has heard the worst as he is now out for the year. Gardner Minshew will be taking the snaps for the rest of the year.

Christian McCaffrey (RB) – The 49ers running back has had a stellar season so far with a 14 game touchdown streak. Unfortunately, he suffered an injury in his oblique area around his ribs. He is listed as questionable for Monday Night Football against the Vikings but there is still a chance of some playing time for him.

Starts:

Brandon Aiyuk (WR) – Aiyuk has been a solid bailout option for Brock Purdy throughout the year. He has put up pretty good numbers all season and will continue that trend this week against the Vikings. The 49ers also look to bounce back big this week after facing their first loss since last season.

Aaron Jones (RB) – The Packers running back will be facing the Broncos defense who has been horrible against opposing running backs all season. This game will be no different as Aaron Jones will run all over the weak Denver defense.

Sits:

T.J. Hockenson (TE) – Hockenson has been a solid target for Kirk Cousins throughout the season and especially with Jefferson out. This week against the 49ers, he will struggle with getting open and finding the ball. On top of that, it is a primetime game with Kirk Cousins as the starting quarterback. 

Raheem Mostert (RB) – Mostart looks to take over a big role in the explosive Miami offense. The Dolphins will face a strong Eagles defense, and after facing their first loss against the Jets, they look to come back stronger than ever. Mostert will face issues trying to get past the big Eagles defensive line.

Waiver Wire:

Roschon Johnson (RB) – Johnson has shown some upside in his rookie season. He’s gotten more and more touches throughout the season, slowly taking over for Khalil Herbert. If he’s available in your league, he could be a huge pickup for a playoff push later on in the season.

Zach Evans (RB) – The Ram’s RB1, Kyren Williams, went down with an ankle sprain, opening up the starting role for LA. Zach Evans will potentially take over for Williams in week 7, but if you’re in an FAB league, don’t spend too much on him as it isn’t guaranteed he gets the start.

Jordan Mason (RB) – With questions of McCaffrey starting on Monday night, Jordan Mason might be needed to step up. The 49ers used McCafrrey a lot this season so if he’s out, Mason will see lots of carries.