News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

The Latest– Senior Nights, Girls Tennis concludes their season, Football shuts-out NVD, Volleyball makes County Championship

Week of October 16 in Sports
Nicole Cole
Football celebrates in the rain on Friday against NVD

Boys Soccer 

Over the past week, the Boys NVOT Soccer team earned two consecutive wins with new senior stars making their mark. After the two wins against Teaneck and Hackensack, the boys are extremely close to making the top 10 in the Conference.

Cross Country

On October 21st the Cross Country team raced at Darlington County Park, for the Bergen County Lou Molino Meet of Champs. The girls placed 3rd overall with freshman Emme Fermin leading the team, finishing in 22nd. Sophomore Benjamin Johnson qualified for the meet for the boys cross country team and finished in 41st.

Field Hockey

NVOT Field Hockey played 2 games this week. In a home game vs. IHA on October 16th, NVOT and IHA went into overtime and NVOT lost on a penalty stroke. Mia Ferraro had 2 goals and Gabby DuToit had 1. On October 18th, NVOT beat Passaic Valley 5-0 in an exhilarating away game. Annabelle Lee had 3 goals, Jessica Reeves had 1 goal, Mia Ferraro had 1 goal and an assist, and Alexa Padilla notched an assist.

Football

Football won their senior night game against sister school NVD with a shutout of 40-0. Evan Brooks had 2 receiving touchdowns and rushing touchdowns from Quarterback Alex Orrechio, junior Nick Rossi, and sophomore Devyn Radoian. The team faces off versus Paramus on Friday night at home in the first round of playoffs. 

Girls Soccer

On Tuesday October 17th, the girl’s took a tough loss against Northern Highlands, 2-1. Sophomore Bella Zingarelli scored with an assist from sophomore Taylor Chisholm. The team had a 5-0 shutout at home this past Thursday, October 19th, against Teaneck. The girls had a successful senior night with goals from Olivia Connell, Nicole Klapowitz, Emma Mor, and Elli Heaney.

Girls Tennis

OT Girls Tennis played their final match as Golden Knights as they concluded their season with a loss against Demarest on Tuesday for the state tournament final. 

Volleyball

The girls started the week off with a loss against Demarest 2-1 but bounced back with a win against Northern Highlands 2-0 on Thursday. Junior Brenna Delaney had 10 kills and Junior Addison Gioffre had 18 assists. Finally, on Saturday the girls lost 2-1 against IHA for the final round of counties.