News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

The Latest—Debate, National Honor Society, Marching Band, and Art Department

This week in school: October 23 to October 30
Courtesy of Katie Gallagher
The varsity debate team poses for a photo after returning from their River Dell High School competition

Debate Team

On Friday, October 27, the varsity debate team competed in a tournament at River Dell High School. Seniors Dhriti Somas and Krystal Kymn won third place for Best Team. 

National Honor Society

On October 24, the National Honor Society began their second round of tutoring from October to December. Members will take turns tutoring students during lunch in the media center. 

Marching Band

The marching band won State Championships at Old Bridge High School on Saturday, October 28. The band scored 91.6 points and took home awards for Best Music, Best Overall Effects, and Best Color Guard. Their season will end on November 4 at Nationals at MetLife Stadium.

Art Department

On Wednesday, October 25 students from art classes, the portfolio club and art club went on a field trip to the Grounds for Sculpture museum in Hamilton Township, New Jersey. Students roamed freely and looked for sculptures hidden in gardens, saw the 9/11 memorial Double Check, and ate in the Van Gogh Cafe.