News
  • February 28Cheer Team Wins State Championship On Saturday at Brookdale Community College
  • February 28Senior Layla Giordano Scores 1000th Point In Girls Basketball Win Over West Essex
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Still Keeping It Real with Fantasy – Week 10

Same People, Same Great Advice
    Sophie Atalla

Welcome back to Week 10 of Keeping it Real with Fantasy! With the playoffs on the horizon and key, end-of-season matchups even closer, it’s as important as ever to get these roster decisions right. Giants’ quarterback Danny Devito, a Don Bosco Prep alum, will make his first career start for New York. Many key matchups in regard to the NFL playoff picture. This includes the hot Chargers against the even hotter Lions, the Browns at their rivals the Ravens, the Texans at the Bengals, and the Jaguars versus the 49ers.

News/Injuries:

Dallas Goedert (TE) – The Eagles tight end suffered a broken forearm in the Eagles’ victory over their divisional rivals, the Cowboys. A pretty big loss for a lot of fantasy managers, as he was the eighth-ranked tight end even though he missed the first game of the season.

Daniel Jones (QB)  – The Giants’ franchise quarterback hasn’t been the same since signing his $40M contract extension over the offseason. Unfortunately, he won’t be able to make up for a rocky start as Jones tore his ACL last week.  

Starts:

Jake Ferguson (TE) – Ferguson has unlocked another gear with his quarterback Dak Prescott over the past couple of weeks. Last week against the Eagles, Ferguson put up a career-high in receiving yards with 91, caught 7 receptions, and found the endzone. The Cowboys play a rough Giants team this week so the connection should continue to strengthen.

Rachaad White (RB) – White’s season is finally starting to come together now; he’s coming off a two-touchdown performance against the Texans. On top of this, White has had decent receiving volume throughout the season, making him an intriguing option, especially with lots of players on bye.

Sits:

Davante Adams (WR) – This would be shocking to even suggest at the beginning of the season, but Davante has gotten little offensive usage no matter who the quarterback has been for the Raiders. Even with the recent firing of head coach Josh McDaniels, Adams didn’t see an increase in production last week.

George Pickens (WR) – The Steelers’ receiver has turned into an off-the-field concern. Pickens voiced his frustration last week after seeing a below-average amount of targets. Pickens posted on Instagram “Free Me” and unfollowed the Steelers and Steelers’ players. I would contemplate not playing him if possible as I’m worried he may be hurt by his egotistical response.

Waiver Wire:

Keaton Mitchell (RB) – Mitchell, an undrafted free agent running back out of East Carolina, has suddenly exploded onto the scene with an impressive 138-yard game on only 9 carries. I would expect Gus Edwards to still be the starter for the Ravens but Mitchell should start to get more snaps.

Khalil Herbert (RB) – Herbert is returning from a long stint on the IR for the Bears and could be a free agent in some leagues. I would expect Herbert to still be the starter so it would be a steal to sign the running back off the waiver wire.

Quentin Johnston (WR) – Multiple injuries to the Chargers’ top receiving options have suddenly thrust the first-round pick into the number two role on the team. Joshua Palmer just hit the IR and Justin Herbert will be forced to throw to Johnston. He may not be a top option for most managers but it’s worth stashing him on your roster for sure.