News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

The Latest—DECA, Theater Department, Photography Club, Debate, and TSA

The latest in school: December 18 to December 25
Ina Rhee

Art Club 

The Art Club is holding selling Christmas, Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah themed ornaments made by club members. The ornaments will be sold during lunch and after school in room A209 and the proceeds will go to the Start II Animal shelter. 

DECA

On Thursday, December 14, DECA hosted an after-school event in the Media Center to prepare members for role-playing in upcoming DECA testing. 

GSA
GSA is currently running a food drive, collecting items like pasta, peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables, and others. Students can drop off items at the Wellness Center. 

Japanese Club

The Japanese Club hosted a holiday event where members created origami tree decorations December 14. The event was held in room A210 during lunch. 

Photography Club

The photography club is selling window decals, which save birds from crashing into windows, to fund a new Moving Light Art installation. Students interested in purchasing a window decal can reach out to club officers. 

TSA

On Thursday, December 21, TSA will hold a bake sale after school. The bake sale will serve as a fundraiser for the club and will be set up by the main entrance 

Varsity Debate 

On Friday, December 15, the varsity debate team won their home debate competition. Seniors Dhriti Somas and Krystal Kymn earned first place for best overall team, and senior Caroline Tharakan won the Best Judge Award.