News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance’s NFL Playoff Predictions

• The Ravens are coming off a bye week which could be significant, and the Texans are the hottest team in football. Rookie CJ Stroud just dominated the best defense in the NFL in his first career playoff game, he’s a top five Quarterback, he has all the confidence he needs right now, and I’m riding the hot hand with the Texans for that reason. The Bills often find their season ending versus Kansas City in the playoffs, but this year, they’ve started to play well at the right time and I just don’t trust this Chiefs team to go into Buffalo and defeat the Bills this year. Moving on to the NFC, I’m a big Packers truther, but there’s just no way they beat the 49ers. Then, the Baker and the Bucs go to Detroit after the Lions got their first playoff win in decades. I’m also riding the hot hand with this game and going with Baker’s team to beat the Lions. In the championship games, I have the Texans losing to the Bills. The Bills are just too balanced for the Texans to handle, and Josh Allen will get a chance in his first Super Bowl of his career. The 49ers will easily defeat the Buccaneers in the NFC Championship and there’s not much explanation needed for that. In the Super Bowl, the Buffalo Bills will face off versus the 49ers in Vegas, which is practically a home game for the Niners. This Niners team is destined, and with that said I have them hoisting the Lombardi in February.

• The Bills are due to finally beat the Chiefs in the playoffs, especially at home. The Bills are playing as a team and have each other’s backs. They have the momentum and have gone through plenty of adversity. To me this is a recipe for a super champion. Josh Allen is the best quarterback in the playoffs, giving them the biggest edge. The Chiefs will run out of steam and their incompetent receiver play will end their season. I also think the Texans team will run out of steam and a rookie quarterback (Stroud) can only take a team so far. The Ravens trampled them in week 1, but I think this time will be a little bit closer because the Ravens will start slow after their bye week. On the NFC side, this 49ers offense will shell the Packers sub-par pass defense. They’ll have an easy trip to the big game after beating the Lions in the NFC championship. In the Super Bowl, I had the same two teams as Antonio but decided to go the other way. At the end of the day, I can see either team winning this game with maybe a slight advantage to the 49ers, but I just can’t pick against Josh Allen. This is a Bills team that is hungry for their first-ever Super Bowl and I believe that this is finally the time they get it.