News
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

The Latest— DECA, Diversity Club, Music Department, School, and TSA

The Latest in school from April 22 to 29
Photo courtesy of Amy Wilcox

DECA

On April 26, qualifying DECA members traveled to Anaheim, California for the International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Anaheim, California. Senior Evan Hwang, juniors Chloe Lee, Arjun Gandhi, and Katie Park, sophomores Anand Vaghashia and Peter Fowley all competed and returned Wednesday, May 1.

Diversity Club

The Diversity Club held its final meeting of the year Friday, April 26. Club advisor Hollie Wiesenberg discussed officer applications for next year.

Music Department

The Music Department went to Philadelphia to perform in the World Strides Philadelphia Heritage Festival from Friday. April 26 to Sunday, April 28. The Concert Choir, Valley Voices, and Concert Band received all Gold Ratings. The department also took home awards for Best Overall Band, the Choral Adjudicator’s Award, and the Sweepstakes Award. Junior Luca Evangelista and senior Sophia Ashbahian won the Maestro Award for trumpet and soprano, respectively. 

School

On Thursday, April 25 staff brought their children to NVOT for Take Your Child to Work Day. Children were able to participate in different activities organized by classes throughout the day. 

TSA

On April 27, members of the Technology Students Association (TSA) attended the 2024 New Jersey TSA High School Conference at The College of New Jersey. Freshman Ellie Kim scored second place and qualified for TSA Nationals in the Extemporaneous Presentation category. Students submitted the projects they have been working on throughout the school year and were able to explore the campus and participate in activities.