September Fashion Student of the Month
Categories:

September Fashion Student of the Month

There is nothing more exciting than showing off our most fashionable knights through their creativity and dynamic styles. This year, we strive to not only showcase fashionable knights, but also tell their stories.

Fajardo wearing a Y2K inspired outfit

September’s Fashion Student of the Month is a fashion-obsessed senior: Graciela Fajardo.

Fajardo’s fashion journey started when she was little. She enjoyed playing with toys, draping fabric over them, and dressing them up. She said, “That was my kind of first introduction to the world of fashion.” As she grew older, her love of fashion fizzled out, and it wasn’t until recently she rediscovered her passion. Now in her senior year of high school, she is gracing the hallways with her “Y2K” and “streetwear” inspired style.

Fajardo’s Favorites 

If there is one thing that Fajardo loves, it’s to accessorize, mainly through shoes and bags. Many people at school don’t dress up, so Fajardo likes to spice up her style with cool shoes, mainly sneakers. “I feel like my sneakers kind of put things together,” said Fajardo. “They can make a person’s outfit more coordinated.” Her current obsession is her pair of metallic silver Adidas Sambas. She said, “they are much more fun than a classic pair of air force ones.”

When she is not at school, her shoe of choice is the exact opposite of a cool sneaker, it’s a kitten heel. “I wear them every occasion that I can,” Fajardo said. She loves being able to elevate an outfit through something most people wouldn’t really think about. 

Fajardo in her favorite sneakers

When it comes to trends, Fajardo is newly obsessed with the “Jane Birkin bag trend.” The trend is basically accessorizing a bag with anything your heart desires. People decorate them with things from keychains, ribbons, or chains. “Apart from shoes, I also love bags,” Fajardo said, “I collect them like my infinity stones.”

With favorite trends also comes her least favorite trends. Fast fashion is something that is so popular these days, but Fajardo hates everything to do with it. “I would love to reduce the impact of fast fashion,” she said, “I hate that so many women work in sweatshops in unethical conditions.”

What Style Diversity Means to Fajardo 

Not only does Fajardo look stylish as her true authentic self, but she also strives to inspire other women and girls to do the same. 

Fajardo in a Euphoria inspired outfit

There are so many women everywhere who struggle with embracing who they really are, and a great way to do that is through clothes. After struggling with embracing her culture and societal beauty norms, Fajardo took to celebrities to find inspiration to not only boost her confidence, but look super fashionable while doing so.

Fajardo spends her free time building her dream wardrobe, influenced by Alexa Demie. “I really like her character in Euphoria; she’s just a really confident Hispanic woman that I look up to,” Fajardo said.

As Fajardo continues to define her own style narrative, she proves that fashion is not just about trends—it’s about celebrating individuality and inspiring others to do the same.