The Latest – Dances, Donation Drives, and Diversity

Social studies teacher Jennifer Fernandez and her history students pose in front of donations.

Class of 2024

The Junior Prom was held on Friday, March 21 at the Old Tappan Manor. Prior to the event, students attended a school-sponsored pre-prom program in the auditorium where they heard from speaker Chris Miller of the Alumni in Recovery Group of Bergen County.

Diversity Club

On Tuesday, March 21, the Diversity Club held a meeting surrounding the topic of sweatshop labor in order to raise awareness about modern day slavery. The presentation was student-led, and according to club advisor Hollie Wiesenberg”discussed the horrible working conditions in factories around the world and fast-fashion.”

History Department

For the last two weeks in March, social studies teacher Jennifer Fernandez ran a donation drive for earthquake victims in Syria and Turkey. Students donated bags of hygiene products which were collected on Friday, March 31 by a representative for the earthquake victims.

Music Department

On Thursday, March 30, the Music Department hosted its Spring Choral Concert. The concert was held in the auditorium at 7:30 p.m. and featured performances from NVOT’s choruses.

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)

FBLA completed its March Mega Food Drive on Friday, March 31. For the entire month of March, the club collected nonperishable food to distribute to food pantries and community organizations across New Jersey.