News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Still Keeping It Real With Fantasy – Week 2

Same People, Same Great Advice

Your favorite fantasy football experts from The Lance are back for Week 2 with more of the best advice you could possibly get. School is back in full swing and you’re probably adjusting to the new year, just like most most players are, as the NFL season is in full swing as well. This may be the cause of a slow start for many offenses around the league, so expect scoring to pick up a lot more this week. Some of our best picks of Week 1 include sitting Treylon Burks (3.7 points) and Najee Harris (4.3 points). Many exciting matchups are scheduled for Sunday including a divisional round rematch of the Chiefs versus the Jaguars.

News/Injuries:

J.K. Dobbins (RB) – The Ravens running back can’t seem to avoid injury. He is–yet again–out for the year. This time, the Ohio State alum tore his achilles. He had just 8 attempts for 22 yards before heading to the medical tent.

Anthony Richardson (QB) – In his NFL debut, the Colts first round draft pick got banged up with less than two minutes left in the game trying to punch a touchdown in on the goal line. According to Head Coach, Shane Steichen, Richardson won’t miss anytime. 

Aaron Rodgers (QB) – The supposed savior for the New York Jets franchise went down early in his debut on Monday night. The 4-time MVP was sacked and tore his achilles just 4 plays into the big division matchup against the Buffalo Bills. Rodgers will miss the rest of the season. 

Starts:

Rachaad White (RB) – White had a below average start to the season putting up only 5.9 fantasy points. He got his fair share of touches and got some good usage in the red zone. I would expect similar volume and much better results in Week 2 against the Bears.

Breece Hall (RB) – Hall will see a lot of carries this week against the Cowboys after rushing for 127 yards on just 10 carries in the overtime win against the Bills. He averaged 12.7 yards per carry. Although he will be sharing time with Dalvin Cook and Michael Carter, Hall will experience more attempts.

Sits:

Everyone on the Rams – As predicted by our analysts, the 49ers absolutely dominated the Steelers in all facets including limiting Najee Harris to just six carries for 31 yards. On top of that, the Steelers leading receiver, Allen Robinson had a mere 64 yards on the game. A supposed dynamic Steelers receiving core looked anemic against one of the league’s best defenses. The Rams offense has less fire power, and after the Rams upset the Seahawks week one, the Niners defense will be fired up to dominate their divisional rival. 

Khalil Herbert (RB) – Other than guarding Justen Jefferson, which is a tall task in itself, the Buccaneers defense locked up one of the league’s better offenses week 1 versus the Vikings. Alexander Mattison only rushed for 34 yards after 11 carries. The Bears, who often utilize Justin Fields primarily in the run game will likely struggle against a hungry Buccaneers defense with a lot to prove. 

Waiver Wire:

Kyren Williams (RB) – The belief coming into the season was that Cam Akers was going to get most of the touches out of the backfield and Williams would be used primarily for passing downs. In Week 1’s win over the Seahawks, the Rams gave Williams a greater role than expected. The running back scored two rushing touchdowns and well out performed his running back counterpart. Akers meanwhile, averaged an abysmal 1.9 yards per carry on 22 attempts. Williams could quickly become the number one option for the Rams in the upcoming weeks if this keeps up.

Gus Edwards (RB) – As previously mentioned, J.K. Dobbins has yet again suffered a season ending injury. Edwards will be slotting into the leading role in the Ravens running back room. Edwards likely doesn’t have the talent to deserve a spot as a starter on your team but he could be a nice safe option on your bench.