News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Still Keeping It Real With Fantasy – Week 4

Same People, Same Great Advice

Some crazy results from Week 3 have many of us scrambling to find the contenders and pretenders of fantasy football and actual football. Some horrid scores and record-breaking performances leave NFL enthusiasts either in complete shambles or complete satisfaction. Fantasy is now in full swing and most people know where they stand in regards to the rest of their league, so The Lance’s experts and advice are here for Week 4 to give you that extra leg up over your friends or enemies. 

News/Injuries:

Mike Williams (WR) – Williams saw his young season come to a sudden and unfortunate end when he tore his ACL last Sunday in the Chargers’ win over the Vikings. Williams had put up 22.6 points before getting hurt, so it’s a big loss for many fantasy managers.

Derek Carr (QB) – Carr suffered a shoulder injury last week in Green Bay. It was originally thought to be serious but after further evaluation the Saints quarterback avoided a season ending injury. Luckily, Carr just has a sprained AC joint and is considered to be day-day.

The Eyes of Broncos Fans – The team is a mess and hasn’t been able to find its footing since its Super Bowl 50 victory. Things only seem to get worse as the Sean Payton and Russel Wilson experiment seems to be a disaster. After the Dolphins dropped an astonishing 70 piece on the Broncos, all we can say is we’re sorry to all of their loyal fans.

Starts:

CeeDee Lamb (WR) – Following the big upset loss to the Cardinals, the Cowboys look to come out of gate swinging with big gains. Dak’s best target, CeeDee Lamb will be catching most of the balls against the Patriots defense. Against the Jets solid defense two weeks ago, he racked up 143 receiving yards. 

Alvin Kamara (RB) – The Saints’ running back will make his season debut in week 4 after a three game suspension. This will surely be a huge boost for any manager that has him on their roster as Kamara is coming in with fresh legs.

Sits:

James Connor (RB) – James Connor faces a very tough defense this week in the 49ers. He will struggle against the dominance of the 49ers in San Francisco. Last week vs the Cowboys he racked up 98 rushing yards and the week before that he had 106 vs the Giants. This is the game where his streak of good games will end.

Garrett Wilson (WR) – Garrett Wilson has been a solid target for the Jets offense this year. Following last week’s loss to the Patriots, the Jets team is starting to fall. Many fights have broken out at practice and at the facilities around the quarterback position. This issue is going to keep most of the Jets offense on the ground and limit Wilson’s yards.

Waiver Wire:

CJ Stroud (QB) – Over the past couple weeks, Stroud has become the top rookie quarterback with 29.3 points in week 2 and 23.4 points in week 3. He shows no signs of slowing down and could quickly become a top QB in fantasy, so if he’s a free agent in your league, you should undoubtedly scoop him up.

Tank Dell  (WR) – Dell, like Stroud, is a rookie for the Texans that has quickly exploded onto the scene. Dell is becoming one of Stroud’s top options in the passing game and could become a viable flex or WR3 in certain leagues.

Joshua Palmer (WR) – Palmer’s volume should see an increase after teammate Mike Williams tore his ACL. The wide receiver will more than likely be the WR2 for the Chargers for the remainder of the season and should put up around 10 points per game in PPR leagues.