News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

The Latest—Class of 2026, English Department, Marching Band, and the Math Team

This week in School: October 16-23

Class of 2026

The Class of 2026 is planning for a grade-wide volleyball tournament November 7. Applications for teams will be sent out to the sophomore class soon. According to class advisor Courtney Reinfried, the competition aims to bring the grade closer together and promote fun and teamwork. 

English Department

AP Seminar classes attended an assembly October 3 featuring representatives from the Norwood Food Pantry, Bergen County Shelters, and McKinney Vento to learn about homelessness and its corresponding issues. Students were able to ask questions to the representatives and are now running a food drive until the end of October.

Marching Band

On Saturday, October 21, the marching band won first place at the US Bands Ridge High School competition, scoring 84.5 points and winning all captain awards. Next, the band will perform in their State competition at Old Bridge High School Saturday, October 28.

Math Team

On Tuesday, October 17, the math team participated in its first New Jersey Math League competition of the season. For the competition, team members had to answer  6 math questions in 30 minutes. The team will find out their scores at a later date.