News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Still Keeping It Real with Fantasy – Week 13

Same People, Same Great Advice
Sophie Atalla

Welcome back to Week 13 of Keeping it Real with Fantasy! The Bills fall to .500  after a few controversial calls cost them a key win against the Eagles in an overtime thriller. The Giants improve to 4-8 after a slugfest with the Patriots with Livingston, NJ native Tommy DeVito leading the team to another win. The Jets fell to the Dolphins in the NFL’s first-ever Black Friday games, and I hope the tickets were a part of Black Friday deals too because that was a horrendous performance. Only two more weeks until we hit the playoffs, where The Lance will continue with its awesome coverage that has certainly led many of you into them.

News/Injuries:

Aaron Rodgers (QB) – The Jets took an early blow in the season by losing Aaron Rodgers to a torn achilles. Somehow, Rodgers was just taken off the IR and started practicing with the team on Wednesday. He has a 21-day window to return to the field. His target return game was December 24th against the Commanders but now will most likely be a week earlier, against the Dolphins in Miami. 

Bailey Zappe (QB)  – Zappe stepped in last week for the Patriots after they decided to bench Mac Jones. This week, Zappe is most likely going to be the starter. He has been taking first-team reps in practice and is preparing like he is the starter.

Jonathan Taylor (RB) – Taylor is undergoing surgery on his thumb, an injury he sustained last Sunday against Tampa Bay. Although it’s a tough blow for fantasy owners as leagues head into the final couple of regular season weeks, the Colts’ running back is not expected to hit the IR, making it a possibility that he comes back for the playoffs.

Starts:

Rashee Rice (WR) – Rashee Rice is coming off the biggest games of his young career. Rice found the endzone once and had his first ever 100-yard receiving game. The Chiefs’ play the Packers this weekend and I’d expect Mahomes will keep feeding his new weapon, coming off a great performance.

Javonte Williams (RB) – Williams has put up solid stats the whole year putting up 538 yards so far. He is averaging 3.8 yards per carry. This week, the Broncos, who are starting to heat up, will go to Houston to face the Texans. The Broncos will use Williams a lot in this game so look for him to have a big game. 

Sits:

Devonta Smith (WR) – Devonta Smith has had a pretty good season so far. He has had two games with over 100 receiving yards and multiple games in the 90s as well. This week, the Eagles take on one of the hardest defenses in the league in the 49ers. He will most likely struggle to find open space against their secondary. Expect him to have a rare bad game. 

James Conner (RB) – James Conner has turned into one of the top running backs in the league this season. He has put up many good performances with his top game being against the Giants with 106 yards. This week, the Cardinals take a trip up to a cold Pittsburgh environment. Expect Conner to struggle to find space up front against the very strong Steelers defensive line. 

Waiver Wire:

Jordan Love (QB) – Love is starting to play up to his expectations. He sat and learned behind Aaron Rodgers for a few years, but it’s his time to be the starter. This year he has proved to be one of the most underrated quarterbacks in the league. Definitely worth picking up. 

Pat Friermuth (TE) – Friermuth had a monster game last week against the Bengals. He put up a 120 yard game and racked up a lot of points in fantasy. Look for him to do similar numbers as the season comes to the “win and in” games. The Steelers will be using him a lot as their playoff hopes still linger. 

Greg Dortch (WR) – Dortch has been under the radar this year but is starting to light it up. In the past 2 games, he had more than 11 points and more than 8 targets. Kyler Murray is starting to use him more often, so he should be on your team.