News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

December 2023 Print Issue Update

See the PDF below for the updated version of the December 2023 print issue of The Lance.

Editor’s Note

The Lance seeks to deliver accurate and comprehensive coverage of the NVOT school community. While we strive to be error-free, mistakes can, will, and do happen. In addressing such mistakes, we are responsible for promptly correcting materials published across all our media. 

We have identified errors in the December 2023 issue of The Lance. The corrections are reflected in the updated PDF and are reproduced below. If you see any errors that are not listed here, please let us know by emailing [email protected]

“Achieving New Heights” (page 1, continued on page 5)

Correction: The last sentence on page 1 continuing on page 5 is cut off. The text should read: “The Golden Knights have been working to earn Open Class for years.”

“Winning Goals” (page 1, continued on page 7)

Correction: A significant portion of text is cut off between the last word (“they”)  on page 1 and the first word (“years”) on page 7. The text should read: 

“And while they may have lost 12 seniors coming into this year, the girls battled their way through the 2023 season, making it to the state sectional finals for the second year in a row, ultimately losing to Ramsey in a 1-0 match. 

The boys, coached by Mark Torrie, have struggled in recent years, unable to reach at least 10 wins in both the 2021 and 2022 seasons, a low point in Torrie’s coaching tenure.”

“Family Man” (page 3)

Correction: In the photo caption, Dr. Timothy Gouraige’s first name is misspelled.

“The Golden Touch” (page 6)

Correction: Alex Orecchio’s and Ryan O’Neill’s last names are misspelled in the article. 

“Fall Sports Recap” (page 8)

Correction: We incorrectly reported the volleyball team’s placement in leagues. The volleyball team placed first in leagues. 

The Lance apologizes for the aforementioned errors.