News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

The Latest-Swimming Picks up Win, Wrestling Reaches Final Round of Tournament

Boys Basketball: In three games this week the boys went 1-2. Starting off the week with a 66-49 loss to Demarest, followed by a 73-70 loss to Teaneck. On Saturday, the boys defeated Wayne Hills 61-56 led by junior Dylan Drullinski who had 20 points, and sophomore Issac Shrager who dropped 19 points. 

Boys Bowling: In two matches this week the boys won one and lost the other. On Wednesday, the boys defeated Westwood 5-2, led by senior Patrick Yoon’s average score of 207 throughout the match. On Thursday, the team fell short to Passaic Tech 5-2. 

Boys Swimming: On Wednesday, the boys defeated Fair Lawn 96-74 with eight first place finishes as a team. 

Girls Basketball: The girls went 0-3 this week with losses to Demarest on Tuesday (79-71), Teaneck on Thursday (48-40), and Chatham on Sunday (55-29). Senior Layla Giordano averaged 14 points per game throughout the week while senior Maya Giordano scored 22 points in Tuesday’s loss to Demarest. 

Girls Bowling: The girls suffered a 7-0 loss to Passaic Tech in the only match of the week on Thursday. Senior Ashley Park led the team with an average score of 135. 

Girls Swimming: On Wednesday, the girls defeated Fair Lawn 91-79 with six first place finishes as a team.

Indoor Track: On January 8, NVOT Indoor Track competed in the Big North Championship at Staten Island. Senior Abigail Dennis finished first in the 200M Dash and 55M hurdles. Also, Seniors Goran Saric and Jack Small finished first in the 400M Dash and the shot put respectively. 

Wrestling: The boys lost 48-24 against Pascack Valley on Wednesday, despite three total pins by junior Nick Rossi, sophomore Leo DeCandia, and junior Jack Drucker. On Friday, the boys defeated River Dell 34-30 in overtime at the Big North Public Duals. The boys moved on to the semifinal round on Saturday, securing a win over Clifton 46-27. In the final round, the team lost 36-30 against Westwood.

Winter guard: The team had 2 shows this week: One performance where they hosted friends and family at NVOT and a preview show at West Milford. The friends and family performance had three shows where friends and family came to support.