News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

The Latest-Girls Basketball Wins Three in a Row, Boys Bowling Dominates River Dell, and Wrestling Competes in County Tournament

Nicole Cole

Boys Basketball: The boys went 1-1 on the week losing 57-45 on Tuesday at Pascack Valley and defeating Mahwah 46-42 on Thursday. Freshman David Brennan scored 17 points in Thursday’s win. 

Boys Bowling: The boys had one match this week and defeated River Dell 7-0. Senior Travis Kennedy led the team with an average score of 213. 

Cheer: While the team didn’t compete this weekend, the team hosted a competition at the High School on Saturday.

Girls Basketball: The girls won three consecutive games this week. First, they beat Pascack Valley on Tuesday 55-51, then they defeated Mahwah 50-45 on Thursday, and topped Jefferson 42-35 on Saturday. Senior Layla Giordano averaged 14.6 points per game this week, while Alivia Badurina scored 17 points in the team’s win on Tuesday. 

Girls Bowling: The girls lost their only match of the week on Tuesday to River Dell by a score of 5-2. Junior Soobeen Ahn led the team with an average score of 129.67 followed by senior Rachel Koo who averaged a score of 129. 

Indoor Track: On January 15, NVOT competed at the Big North Frosh Novice. Sophomores Jack Mandich and Jinu Park finished first in the Boys Long Jump and Boys Pole Vault respectively. Freshmen Andreas Antonopoulos and Andrew Milli finished first in the 800M and 55M Hurdles, respectively. Freshman Caroline Ognibene placed first in the Girls’ High Jump and Pole Vault. On January 20, the team competed in the Bob Chiswell Classic. Seniors Jack Small and Goran Saric placed first and third respectively in the Boys Shot Put.

Wrestling: The team defeated Tenafly Wednesday by a score of 54-24. Sophomore Leo DeCandia, junior Kate Machleder, junior Jonathan Rotolo, junior Jack Drucker, junior Dan Olivo, junior Ryan Sullivan, senior Robert Ferrara, senior Ryan Oneill, and junior Jack Horgan all won by pins. Over the weekend, the team placed 11th overall and 7th amongst public schools in the Bergen County Tournament. Rotolo placed fourth in the 120 weight class, Olivo placed sixth at 138, Sullivan placed seventh at 150, and junior Nick Rossi placed seventh at 190.