News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Girls Basketball Ups Win Streak to 5, Boys Basketball Advances Through Bergen Invitational, and Wrestling Wins Three Matches in One Week

Courtesy of NVOldTappan Instagram

Boys Basketball: The boys lost 66-52 to Tenafly on Tuesday. But, in the preliminary round of the Bergen County Invitational tournament, the boys defeated Saddle River Day 67-63 on Thursday. Sophomore Issac Schrager scored 29 points and junior Dylan Drullinski dropped 24 points. On Saturday, the first round of the Bergen County Invitational, the team beat New Milford 55-47 in overtime.

Boys Bowling: The team lost two matches this week. On Monday, the team lost to Pascack Valley 4-3 and lost to Demarest 5-2 on Wednesday. Senior Will Poggi bowled a score of 288 in one round in Monday’s match versus Pascack Valley.

Boys Ice Hockey: NV puck lost two games last week. On January 24, the team lost 2-11 to River Dell. On Thursday the 26, they lost 2-7 against Clifton. They continue their season with a record of 4-6.

Boys Swimming: The boys lost two meets this week. On Wednesday, the team fell short to Wayne Valley 100-70. As a team, however, the boys had three first place finishes. On Sunday, the team lost 133-34 to Tenafly. 

Cheer: The team finished in first place at the competition on Saturday in Secaucus. 

Girls Basketball: The girls continued their winning streak with a over Tenafly on Tuesday 52-43. Then, in the round of 16 of the county tournament on Saturday, the girls defeated Glen Rock 49-40. Senior Maya Giordano scored 22 points in the team’s win on Tuesday. Then on Saturday, sophomore Sienna Drullinski and senior Layla Giordano each scored 12 points. 

Girls Bowling: The girls lost both matches this week. On Monday, they lost to Pascack Valley 5-2 and to Demarest 7-0 on Wednesday. Senior Ashley Park averaged a score of 142 in Wednesday’s match versus Demarest, which led the team. 

Girls Swimming: On Wednesday, the girls defeated Wayne Valley 109-60 after 9 first place finishes as a team. On Sunday, the team lost 104-66 to Tenafly. 

Indoor Track: The Indoor Track team competed in the Bergen County Relays on January 22. Senior Jack Small placed first in boys shot put, sophomore Jamie Kim placed first in girls pole vault, and freshman Caroline Ognibene placed first in girls high jump.

Wrestling: The team went 3-2 this week. Starting off the week, the team fell short to St. Joes 45-36 on Wednesday. But on Friday, the team defeated Demarest 49-27 and followed up the next day with wins over Central Regional 54-20 and Livingston 51-27. Then, they lost to Kittatinny 57-16 to cap off the week. Junior Jack Drucker had five pins on the week followed by senior Ryan Oneill with four.