News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

Cold Me in Your Arms

The Best Winter Date Ideas

Seasonal depression is so real, and what’s a better way to get out of it than spending time with your special somebody? While it may be difficult to go on a picnic or play at the beach, winter offers so many other must-try activities that you’ll fall in love with at frost sight.

Art made by Rachel Kim

Snow Sculpting 

Get creative and get outside! Snow sculpting with your partner is a great way to express your individual interests in a collaborative or competitive way. Snow sculpting could range from building your favorite cartoon characters to carving drawings into the snow. It’s a fun and unique way for couples to enjoy the snow. 

Light Sightseeing

Without a doubt, winter is the most wonderful time of year, at least visually. It’s hard to miss the glowing lights everywhere, so why not take advantage of them? Go light sightseeing with your partner. Stroll along the streets, admire all the bright lights and decorations, and walk hand in hand with your S.O.—you’ll both be glowing brighter than the lights around you. 

Baking

Yummy treats and food are the highlight of most holidays, especially those in the winter. Experiment with unfamiliar spices as well as the classic holiday flavors. Baking gingerbread cookies, colorful cakes, doughnuts and countless other treats with your partner will help lighten up your seasonal depression! Trust me, you’ll have snow much fun. 

Sledding

Sledding is a great way to get active during the slump season because it’s so difficult to get moving when it’s cold out. When life gives you lemons, you gotta make lemonade! Take advantage of the snow and go sledding with your S.O. It’s a great way to get fit and have a fun time with your significant other. 

Watching Movies

Get out of the cold and cozy up with your sweetheart! Holiday movies are a hallmark staple of the winter season. Warm up a cup of hot chocolate and cuddle in a warm fluffy blanket with your partner before getting lost in the magical adventures that light up your screen. There are so many good holiday movies to get lost in, so grab your sweetheart and start binging ASAP. 

Snow Angels

Let’s face it, you only have ice for one another. It can get pretty hot snuggling up together 24/7, so why not take a dive in the snow? Create pretty snow angels—it might seem a little childish, but that’s what relationships are for. There’s no better way to enjoy the winter than recreating childhood memories with your partner. 

Decorating a Tree  

A classic symbol of the approaching holidays is the well-decorated trees. Christmas trees are usually pretty big and a more-than-one-man job. What’s a better way to bond than stringing lights and hanging ornaments on a big green tree? You and your partner will only be wishing for each other under the Christmas tree this year. 

Ice Skating

Ice Skating is the most clique date idea in all Hallmark Christmas movies, and there’s a reason why. Lacing each others’ skates, “accidentally” slipping and falling into the other’s arms, and being “forced” to hold hands to keep each other upright…what activity is more romantic? 

Dancing in the Snow

Turn on some music and get in a romantic mood. Dancing in the snow may sound peculiar, but give it a try. You’ve heard about rain kisses, so why not try snow dancing? Whether it be a romantic twirl in the falling snow or a goofy dance-off, you and your S.O. won’t regret trying. 

Although the winter is cold, it doesn’t mean that you have to be! Get that warm fuzzy feeling through these date activities with your partner this winter. Make unforgettable memories with your sweetheart this winter, whether it be ice skating, baking, watching movies, or all of the above! It will truly be the most wonderful time of the year!