News
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: 1. Amy Luby 2. Christina Foschino 3. Liv Connell T4. Walker Lynch T4: Heather Macrae T4. Zoe Kouridis
  • April 3The Lance Bracket Standings: Liv Connell Wins Third Round
The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan

The Lance

The Lance

The Lance

The Latest in Sports: Spring Sports Kick Off Their Season, Girls Lacrosse and Boys Tennis Start Season with Win

Gretchen Restiano

Baseball: The boys opened up the season with a 14-13 loss at Demarest on Friday. Sophomore Anthony Onnembo hit a home run in the loss. A day later, the team defeated River Dell, 9-2 at home. Senior Richard Gutschmidt pitched four innings, only allowing one run.

Boys Golf: The team defeated Passaic Tech 146-157 on Monday, April 1, and then placed third in a multi-team match versus Ridgewood and Demarest on Friday. Senior Jun Chun individually placed second in the match on Friday.

Girls Golf: The girls lost to Ridgewood on Thursday by a score of 188-213.

Boys Lacrosse: On April 2, the boys lost their first game of the season against Nutley with a score of 9-8. 

Girls Lacrosse: The girls started the season off with a win over Pascack Hills on Wednesday April 3, with a score of 12-0. On Friday, they had a loss 12-7 against Westwood.

Softball: On Monday, April 1, the girls opened their season with a 14-5 loss to Ridgewood at home. Senior Grayson Housley hit a home run in the loss. Then, on Friday, the team defeated Demarest 6-0. On Saturday, the girls beat Pequannock 8-1, but later in the day lost to River Dell 4-2. 

Track & Field: On Saturday, April 6, NVOT participated in Pawlowski Relays at the BF Middle School in Ridgewood. The boys placed first in 3x Javelin Relay, 3x Discus Relay, 3x Shot Put Relay, 3x Pole Vault Relay (T1 with Ridgewood), 3x High Jump Relay (T1 with Dwight Englewood), 4×110 meter Hurdle Relay, 4×400 Meter Relay, and 4×200 Meter Relay. The girls finished first in 3x Discus Relay, 3x Shot Put Relay, and 3x Pole Vault Relay, 

Boys Tennis: On Friday, the team opened their season with a 5-0 win over Paramus. Junior Kiran Gurunathan, senior John Oh, and senior Noah Kim won their singles matches. Senior Joseph Hwang and Senior Owen Young along with Senior Peter Setrakian and Junior William Kwon won their doubles matches. 

Boys Volleyball: On Tuesday April 2, the boys volleyball team played Hackensack away where they lost 1-2 after bringing them to 3 sets. On Thursday April 4, they lost to Ramapo 1-2 again after winning the first set but again falling short in the second and third sets.